Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Girls Make Headlines!

Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Olivia and Mia were the front page news of the Sturgis Journal on Saturday, March 17th. www.sturgisjournal.com under the title "Doyle event popular with dads and daughters."
Andy has taken Olivia the past two years to the annual "Date with Dad" held at the Doyle Community Center. This year Mia got to join them. She would be so excited one minute about going, and then get her grumpy attitude going and say, "I stay home with Mommy!" the next. I was thrilled when I got home the evening of the big event to see her all dressed up beaming with anticipation. Andy took us all out to eat before hand. I think I only got to come because he wanted me to help with Mia at dinner. Whatever his reason, I was glad to be able to join the fun. After, they dropped me off at home and set off for a night of dancing and fun. Mia was slightly confused as to why mommy couldn't come too, but was still willing to tag along.
Taking some time for silly photos before they leave.
The girls getting ready to load up into their chariot. (Our rental car for a few days while mine got serviced. Andy wishes we still had it.)
I enjoyed catching up with an old friend while my troup was out dancing. I walked home to find a message on the machine that Mia had a lot of fun, but was ready to come home. Thankfully, the message was left less than five minutes prior to me getting home. She made it almost two hours. I drove to pick her up, so Olivia could enjoy some one on one time with her daddy. Olivia's only complaint, no slow songs this year. She really wanted to dance with her daddy. I think all three of them had a terrific time and I'm sure they will be kicking their heels up at next year's big event too!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Natalie Roehrig said...

What a special time with Daddy! The girls look beautiful and make for the perfect models for the paper!